Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Hi,

I know that feeling very well. There's many times I have felt isolated both physically and emotionally prior to recovery and during relapse. You may not have many people around you, friends, relationships etc but self-pity can be very destructive. Oh poor me, poor me, pour me another........

The answer is in working ALL the 12 Steps. Please read Bill's story P12 and 13 in the Big Book and see how quickly he worked the steps. Keep it simple.

Yes you need to be thorough at Step 4 but you can do it in a couple of days. Use a weekend, take some time off work. Do it now, like your life depends on it.

Step 5 can be done the next day. Step 6 takes one hour and usually by then you are ready to so Step 7 - instantly.

Your step 8 list has been made in step 4 and you just need to be "willing".

Step 9 you may need some input from your sponsor as to where it is appropriate to make amends and where not but you can start straight away making amends because you are already willing (step 8).

Once you have the willingness and the process starts that's when you are on your way to the promises.

Step 10 you start the next day and every day after.

Then you are at Step 11 and Step 12 and to me this is where you fill that void. God is inside you filling it but you are looking out towards others helping them - this is God's will.

You may also do service at meetings, get to know more people. Once you start sharing your recovery people will start approaching you, asking you how they can get what you have got.

Life will change for you then. Good luck, let us know how you get on. You have plenty of friends here.