Old 01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
robobrain
Ticking time bot

Keithj,

I know the promises don't say anything about meetings making life better, but many of the other AAs I've met seem to think it does, as far as the talking with people, I figured that trying to be more social (like I was when I was intoxicated) would help me not be in my head so much. I thought that by trying to really listen to other people and getting to know them, I would have something to shift my focus, even just for one day. This however, did not work as I thought.

And I'm on my 4th step, working it in columns, I'm presently on the 4th set of columns, or rather the "where I was wrong" category. My inventory is pretty long because I've carried around a lot of resentment and anger for most of my years.

Kjell,

Thanks for the advice, and I try to do things for others when I can, but unfortunately there aren't alot of people around me to help most of the time. I try to do my job to the best of my abilities and yeah, I'll admit I'm procrastinating on my steps, and I have no justification for it, other than it's difficult for me. But I'm not completely slacking.

I hope that I can find someway to be more useful to people and get out of my own misery, but I haven't had too many opportunities so far. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's input, and I understand I must work harder on the steps...but are there any supplementary tools I can use to alleviate the way I feel?