Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
robobrain
Ticking time bot

YeahGr8,

I am working through the steps, but I'm taking my time, partly because the big book says "be fearless and thorough" and partly because I procrastinate a little bit. I'm working on my 4th step right now. And I'm being VERY thorough when I do work on it. So in short, I'm not all the way through them, and I was hoping that there was something I could do while working the steps to feel better, because even though I am doing them (albeit somewhat slowly...but my 4th step is pretty long) I'm not really getting a lot of relief. Granted, I don't harbor as many resentments as I used to... but it certainly doesn't make me feel any less alone.

And I am very well aware that I'm not the only person to feel what I'm feeling. I know I'm not a unique snoflake and there isn't anything I can feel that hasn't already been felt by at least a couple of people before me. While I do appreciate the comradery, I'm still miserable and I have no idea what to do about it, and my sponsor just says "work your steps" Which is a little less than helpful because I am working them, and to work them any more rapidly would be wrong in my eyes because I don't want to leave anything out, or skip something for fear of my sobriety not being of the right quality.

Does that make sense?