Thread: What saved me
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eclipse

What saved me

I have not been in SR for a long time and in that time and I have done okay and not so okay. I have tried to stop on my own many times, but everytime something stressful came along....that was my excuse to drink again. And everytime I drank again it got just a little worse. I used to read posts about AA all the time and thought "I don't need that, they are just a bunch of losers that have nothing better to do than go to a meeting every night." Well guess what???? I am one of those losers who is now a winner because of the AA program. I have met some of the nicest, warmest, smartest people I have ever met in those meetings. When I feel like I am the only person in the world who is dealing with this crap, guess what? There is a whole room of them sitting right there with me. Last night the topic was regret and forgiveness. The thing that is the hardest on me is the regret for what I have done to my kids and how will I ever come to terms with it and get their forgiveness. Well guess what? Every person that talked last night talked about the very same thing and how IF WE STAY SOBER, the feelings of regret will go away because we have to let it go and IF WE STAY SOBER our families will in time forgive us. What is better than that. So thanks AA for all your help!