Thread: My update
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

When I first quit drinking, I wished I could smoke pot but I get drug tested at work. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I would have just replaced drinking with pot smoking for daily comfort. The thing is, I quit drinking because in a black out I did things I found appalling, that would never happen stoned.

That being said, I am super happy I made it the whole durn year clean AND sober, so I could see what its like do deal with life head on. I'm still on the fence about whether Id do pot if I could. I sure do like my AA folk, and they would throw me under the bus if I smoked (some of them would!!!). I sure do know a bunch of idiots here in sunny santa barbara that smoke far too much of far too good weed.

I dunno. . .I'm terrified of anything that might weaken my resolve and lead me to drink

mushrooms used to be fun, but how much would it suck to be living this great life clean and all, and have some hideous bad reaction? My current room mate and long time good friend ended up in a mental facility for a long a$$ time from a bad trip.

Just for today, Im gonna stay sober from it all, just seems easier!!

Thanks for checking in man, grats on the 16 months!!