Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Untoxicated
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Only you can decide man. I know for sure that I'm an alcoholic. I liked your posts and your wisdom and thats why I added you as a friend. I could relate to you man.

Once the booze hits my bloodstream I am off and don't want to stop for anything. I cant live with booze in my life and before I actually got into recovery properly using AA and SR then I couldn't see a future without it either. Now I can see a nice tunnel with a light at the end. It's still a way off but at least it's there!!

I don't know what to say really.

Do many non alcoholics come to SR? I dont know. I sure know that your mind telling you that you ain't one is the most powerfull deception of the disease of alclholism... Which is why a rock solid foundation at step1 is totally and utterly essential if you're to stay sober. Because whats happening to you now will get you back drinking again.

I wish you all the best in what you decide but how many others have you seen go back out drinking again only to be back (or not) a few months/years later even deeper in the Sh*t. Is not drinking even if you're not an alclholic really such a bad thing? Ponder that an you might get your answer...

peace and Love xxx
Thanks Neo, I enjoy your thoughts and widsom as well.

Dude, I just don't know. In a real eff-upped way, I hope I am an alcoholic so I can address that, but I'm starting to think I'm not. Now, when I was on my AD I was the same way, I would drink and I was off to the races - but not anymore.

Do many non alcoholics come to SR?
I hear ya, and I have no problem admitting I'm an alcoholic if I find myself to be so. I came here because other people told me I was - but now that I've educated myself and read diligently on this site, I'm not sure I am.

So maybe I'm just the aftermath of a person on ADs that is trying to understand why a previous behavioral pattern no longer exists.

TBH, I thought drinking would be great and that I would really have missed it. But I just never got the "feeling" that I got when I was on ADs. It goes with what is stated in Under the Influence, the alcoholic is given energy and the non-alcoholic gets tired after a few beers. I got tired and even tried to force myself to drink more just to get more energy but it never happened.

I sure know that your mind telling you that you ain't one is the most powerfull deception of the disease of alclholism...
I agree wholeheartedly which is why I'm throwing it out there. I don't want to misconstrue not being an alcoholic for a desperate attempt to drink again. But drinking isn't even that great anymore so I don't get it.

Is not drinking even if you're not an alclholic really such a bad thing? Ponder that an you might get your answer...
You're right, it's not a bad thing at all and I will think about it. I guess I don't want to focus my efforts on something that doesn't exist.

Thanks again man and I'm glad you're doing well!