View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
lostmyway

Well, I'm up to day 18 today. I too find it helpful to stay busy. I love my job (full time), so there's no problem there...heck, now I can even get up in the morning to get there on time, and I never have to call out because I'm too hungover. At night it's home to spend time with the kids, except on Wednesday nights there is a meeting I absolutely MUST go to with the best, most supportive group of women I have ever met. Oh, and on Monday nights I always claim the TV from 9-10 so I can watch Intervention as a reminder to myself that I never want my life to be like that again. After I give the kids their baths, I get them to bed, do some light housework and settle into bed to do a little journaling or reading.

I wish I had time to do something creative, like scrapbooking or painting to really get my mind off things, but having a 3 year old and a 3 month old to care for doesn't really lend itself well to those things. I feel a little robbed of personal time but I guess that's selfish of me to say.

I have to get back to the doctor next week to discuss my progress. I am nervous about that appointment, nervous that he is going to start weaning me off my Librium. I know I won't have detoxing issues anymore but it has helped tremendously with my anxiety. I'm just so glad that the plan we set up is working that I don't want to change it...like changing it may make me want to pick up again or something. I don't know. It's probably a silly fear but I still worry.