View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I know what I am

I am an alcoholic and drug addict.

Without this firm acceptance then I would be certain for failure ie- to drink/drug again.

When pangs of mourning/sadness briefly hit when people are discussing what music festivals, crazy holidays or whatever they are gonna be attending this year then my greatest weapon is that I know I am an alclholic and drug addict and that they ain't. Thus for me to attend any of these events would have dramatic implications on my whole life. No-one wants to no you when you're down and out. I never got there but I could see the writing on the wall. Sitting in a police cell has a great way of bringing you down to earth.

Like Mick sang "You can't always get what you want"...

Grateful for my acceptance... without this I would be destined for failure. With it I can be destined for success. I have came so far in these 6+months of sobriety. This is purely as a result of total and utter acceptance that I am an alclholic and that one drink would be suicide. Easy for your mind to say that sounds dramatic but for me not so... I remember what it was like this time last year and what it's like now for me.

I am grateful for the hope that I feel for the future and that I know that to drink is to die. Even more so at 24, it can get a bit of a mind f*ck at times but with my acceptance of my alcoholism then it soon quitens the noise down. I am not like like the many others because I am alcoholic and drug addict.

Peace x