View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
augustwest
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
Alright, so after the 3 breath watching, "I want to have a drink, cut LOOSE,
be Free etc," Looking at that thought, knowing SEEN it's a choice that's gonna
break you spiritually, soulfully, so then what do you do?

There needs to be some substitute. Nite time after work is not when I would
want to do zazen or yoga, AM yes PM no. Do you take a walk? play drums?

I think there needs to be a substitute. As the chinese say, if the "old don't go the new can't come" well the old ways are gone, now what are the new ways? of enjoying and being free of the overactive mind, (AT NITE).

I've got AM whipped.
Have you tried zazen in the evening? I do it twice a day, well vipassana, not zazen, but you know what i mean...I find that it really relaxes me and reinforces the daily presence through the pause/breathe/let go practice. Just my experience and i don't always do it but i try to.

Other thigns that work for me in the evening: exercise is a big one. I also play my guitar. And play chess or xbox. I try to keep myself busy, so i'll get in a workout, eat, catch a NA meeting, chat with clean friends afterwards...but the time i get home it's vipassana, then reading/chess/guitar till bed. During the week i mostly rock the exercise>dinner>meeting>vipassana>read>sleep jam. I have to get up early in the am so i keep it mellow at night.

On weekends i'll play more:guitar, chess, etc...hang with friends. The key for me is just keeping busy for the most part.

So today is day 18 for me! w00t! Hope everyone has a great day!