Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
David2010

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Congrats on day 3 David.

So what actions are you taking to maintain your sobriety?

There is a saying in recovery that "The same man will drink again", another saying is "Change I must, or die I will!".
I am seeing a new doctor today (never really had a regular one - just saw my kid's doctor if I ever got a bad sinus infection, etc). I'm going for a complete physical and I'm going to tell him about my issue.

I told the therapist I just recently started seeing about my problem as well - that was over the phone - but I'm seeing her again tomorrow.

I've looked into AA meetings in my area - but I don't think I'll be able to get to one until this Fri night....

I've also called my dad or my sister at the time of day that I would normally start drinking (5-6pm)...I think there's something to be said of replacing a bad habit with a good one...

I'm also going to come here often and read posts and share what's going on - I think this site is invaluable...and I'm very thankful for it. I found this site about a couple months ago and read it for a few days. It helped a little at the time - but I began to think that as long as my secret was still a secret, I wasn't really helping myself...