View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by RobAllen View Post
This is in DIRECT relation to my post about "should we label ourselves addicts" Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change. That is EXACTLY my point my friend. Thank you!
Hi Rob,
I see where that falls in line with your post and I understand where you are coming from. Personally (at this particular moment in time) the alcoholic label suits me as it is a definitive "I can never drink again".

To expand further on Dyer and addiction

"I support any programme designed to help people escape this unbalanced cycle that is such a destroyer of lives. My contribution is a brief description of the key points I've found extremely useful in becoming an addiction-free person."

....."start right this minute by offering a silent prayer of gratitude for your liver, your heart, and your brain. Just say: Thank you, God, for this glorious gift. I treasure it, and with Your help, today I will begin to love it unconditionally. If you still feel attracted to substances that you despise, say this silent prayer before ingesting them. Love will ultimately become the added weight that rebalances your life"

I read 'support any programme' as referencing 12 Steps (he does mention on the CD) but he defines himself as 'addiction-free' - the point you were making.

Quotes in this post from Being in Balance - Dr Wayne W. Dyer