View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mark75

Well the forum came up faster than they promised... cool.... Now then... Ritalin. hmm... Yes, I had quite a love affair with that stuff, but in the end it took me down. While you have some of the same red flags I had, you don't have all of them flying...

I read your post through some...

If you genuinely have ADHD... Ritalin will seem like a Godsend, and, in some ways it is... You can focus better, manage your emotions, yes emotions, better, think your actions through, have conversations better... all of that...

If you don't have ADHD... all of the above is also true, assuming sane dosages...

The euphoria you mention... RED FLAG... previous opiate addiction... RED FLAG... you know this though... that dopamine sure is wonderful stuff, uh?... what did you say?.... Unparalleled excitement, motivation and euphoria... good stuff.

Oh yea, you mentioned the energy... I loved that... I worked out all the time, bicycled endless miles, skied the steeps and chutes, backpacked.... whatever... Always up for anything. And that has nothing at all to do with ADHD...

Perhaps you should have a very long and open discussion with a physician who really understands ADHD... and whom respects the addictive potential of Ritalin. Also, there are formulations of Ritalin that are harder (not impossible) to abuse... There are non stimulant alternatives....

I can't give you any specific advice and I won't. I haven't yet shared my experience with Ritalin... but I'd be happy to if you are still interested.

What is the total amount, in milligrams, you use in a day?

Mark