View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by lauraandersen4 View Post
Interesting thoughts / solutions guys. Thanks.

Sugah... 3 dentists in AA just that you know of, eh? You know unfortunately, there is such a stereotype about dentists being substance abusers and suicidal weirdos. Let's hope it's not ACTUALLY the standard. Dentistry is consistantly ranked among the highest stressed professions. I also hope I can personally learn to deal with stress in a better way if that's the case.
Actually, one is a periodontist. Does he still count?

I also know quite a large number of physicians (MDs, surgeons, physician's assistants, psychiatrists), a larger number of nurses, pharmacists, attorneys (my husband is one), politicians, probation officers, architects, teachers/professors, guidance counselors, school principals, artists, writers (I'm one), various business owners, stock brokers, accountants, clergy, etc....

And, if you consider education & prosperity to be markers of intelligence (though I know a whole lot of intelligent alcoholics without formal education who live, by choice or circumstances, very simply), that says to me that we can't out think this thing.

I'll reiterate the suggestion given in response to the title of your thread: try AA. If, that is, you want to quit drinking. If you don't and you're alcoholic, wait awhile. Alcohol has a way of beating us into submission. Just takes longer for some than others.

Peace & Love,
Sugah