Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome to both of you and Congratulations on your decisons to stop the madness! Yes, it is great to wake up not wondering what you did the night before, not to have the horrible taste in your mouth that you can't get rid of no matter how many times you brush your teeth or how much mouthwash you use. It's great not to be breathing out alcohol fumes for the entire day, isn't it? I've been C & S for nearly 4.5 years and I still shudder when I think about those day afters.

I hope you both will continue to log on here every day, read around the different forums, share as much as you feel comfortable sharing and keep an open mind. Remember that it took us awhile to get where we are when we stop drinking and using, so it's going to take awhile to get back to normal (if there is such a thing! lol)

I hope you'll give AA Meetings a try. For me, I have no doubt that I would not be alive today if I hadn't went to Meetings every day for the first year that I was in Recovery. If you go to one Meeting and don't care for it, give another one a try. I know the first drink of alcohol I took I didn't like, but that didn't stop me from trying other kinds!

Again, Congrats, Welcome & Keep Coming Back!
Judy