Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gnarlynoelle

Hi everyone. Ya I'm new. After drinking on a daily basis for the past 7 years I've done alot of thinking and want to try to stop. Drinking has caused nothing but problems for me between my DUI I got 2 yrs ago and losing friends and fights with family members. For several months each week I kept telling myself oh next week I'll start drinking only on weekends but obviously that plan never happened. I'm tired of alcohol taking over my life. I've planned my days around my drinking schedule being that I no longer drink n drive I run all my errands first thing in the morning so I have all day and night to drink. I stopped hangin out with friends on a regular basis 2 yrs ago since I stopped drinking and driving I chose to stay home so I can drink instead of going out and having to be sober. I feel like I have become a slave to alcohol and am ready to break free from that. I am kinda scared about what being sober will be like since it's been awhile. It's like I don't even know who I really am. I have always drank thinking being sober would be so boring. I don't have any sober friends to talk to so I came here.