View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by unbrokenchain View Post
In my case, big dates are important but if they become too important they can weaken one's efforts....
I have seen this with other people too... you're not alone on this one. Picking a special date, and associating that as your quitting day, is one of the few things I have yet to see work here... unless those who do that successfully are simply not reporting back. Otherwise, I have observed people quit using all sorts of methods--including cutting back slowly. Yes, I have spent wayyy too much time on this here site reading most everybody's story and following strangely named people's lives...

It's a very complicated problem (drinking!) and there are so many factors involved any one person or organization that claims to understand COMPLETELY and offer guaranteed results is in my HUMBLE opinion NOT being completely honest.
Agreed... mighty complicated. Although I haven't found anybody guarantee me anything... except a rehab which guaranteed me that I couldn't quit drinking for the 60 day waiting period to get in. They were right too... which made me mad, but what can I say, it was my fault--I was the one who picked that bottle back up.

((ND)) hope you can sleep tonight.

Well, I almost drank yesterday but didn't. Today I'm feeling better about it--and I went and bought about 15 pounds of candy just in case. Even though I don't like candy like I didn't like whiskey by the end, I think I'd rather eat the darn candy... it seems to me back when I was eating candies I didn't have the cravings so bad.

Take care y'all,
TB