View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

I made 21 days. For the first time since the 80s, I have been sober for three weeks in a row.

Almost didn't make it... it was a rough day, and then the internetty problems, and then SR went down, and then... oh boy, I messed up the time I was supposed to be picked up, so my sponsor's ticked. Told me to go to another meeting, I couldn't find anybody who wasn't going to an earlier meeting...

So after a lot of frustration I'm gonna go to the store--I already messed up anyways, don't really feel like reinvesting in this AA thing again, starting all over again looking for someone to give me a ride (don't think they like me *that* much)... etc. So I'm going to the store, about to put on my boots and one of the girls from AA texts me... I thank her for her time but I'm a constant mess up... so she comes and gets me anyways and me, her and another girl go to this coffee bar a few miles down the highway.

I suppose it was funner than drinking.

But either way, I got 21 days.

Hi IO! I'm good at forgetting stuff like that too... but not stuff like why I drink. That's been a clear memory for 21 years now. Wish it was the other way around.

Take care y'all,
TB