View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
daphne

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Okay Daphne I will apologize for not being upfront with you earlier. Should have laid it all out and on the line. I don't usually choose confrontational threads. When someone truly reaches out for help and needs help then I try to respond.

I found this post very offensive and I guess to slam someone because they are trying to show people that life CAN be happy withOUT alcohol and you CAN live a productive life withOUT alcohol may be a reason people post about their experience. I am one of those people.

I guess in the beginning I was like you and couldn't fathom not having alcohol in my life, but eventually I found with time it wasn't center stage anymore. I also found life was actually better without it. I won't write anymore about this topic because I know when someone eludes to actually enjoying an alcohol free existence it riles you to no end.

This is why I posted "tongue in cheek" and I do apologize for that.
Apology accepted
My comments about people stating their happiness being sober were in DIRECT relation to comments suggesting my claims to be happy and have a good life had to be false.
What annoyed me was not that but the fact MY feelings about my life were being undermined and assumptions made that I "must " be unhappy.

That annoyed me and I was trying to make the point that nobody is challenging the claims of happiness by the soberity posters. If that make sense??
I thought evryones feelings on here should be respected even if you do not agree with their views or lifestyle.
Of course there is nothing wrong with hapiness in a life without drink.
Look we are all different my experience is different from yours and others here
I know from reading the boards over this week that my situation is no way as bad as others. That my drinking has not taken over my life as it has for a lot of you.
Sorry if you don't like that but i am not going to feign desperation to fit the "stereotype"
I am being honest and straight with folk.