View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Horselover

Originally Posted by daphne View Post
There are many many on this forum posting how happy their lives are sober, how joyous it is , how wonderful, now they are sober. You could equally question if it such a wonderful life why would you need to go on about it? You would not need to make the statement so strongly if you had inner contentment
Okay Daphne I will apologize for not being upfront with you earlier. Should have laid it all out and on the line. I don't usually choose confrontational threads. When someone truly reaches out for help and needs help then I try to respond.

I found this post very offensive and I guess to slam someone because they are trying to show people that life CAN be happy withOUT alcohol and you CAN live a productive life withOUT alcohol may be a reason people post about their experience. I am one of those people.

I guess in the beginning I was like you and couldn't fathom not having alcohol in my life, but eventually I found with time it wasn't center stage anymore. I also found life was actually better without it. I won't write anymore about this topic because I know when someone eludes to actually enjoying an alcohol free existence it riles you to no end.

This is why I posted "tongue in cheek" and I do apologize for that.