Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stereosteveo
Nonexistent Willpower

Thanks for sharing Humble. I would also like to add what you are feeling is nothing abnormal. I think that's why having continued support from people who "really understand" is so important. I'm sure your husband has the best intentions, but I would have wanted a trophy for turning down my brand of vodka too. And a cookie.

And yes I think you summed it up in that he drinks normally. You don't. And so you can't just have one, or WWIII really would begin, lol. I always go back to that reasoning. If I could drink 3 or 5 drinks I would still be drinking. But I can't drink period unless I want to loose everything, again. My first year in AA this old biker guy used to say the same thing every night about never being able to drink 1 or 2. It's either drink to oblivion, or not drink at all for us. I finally caught on after hearing it for about 6 months straight..

Congratulations on 14 days! That really is something to be proud of. And you passed a major test, having even more experience under your belt for the next one. And yes you can get to a point in your recovery where it won't even phase you to be around it. I used to see "happy, joyous, and free" on the label. Today I see "Skull and Crossbones"