View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Shifty

Thanks for the replies

I made it throught yesterday without drinking. I went around to a friends place in the end, there's a lot to be said for coffee and good conversation. I'm not in any recovery program as there is only AA here but it's a small town and I'm not ready to walk in the knowing most of the people there already. I will try the 'playing the tape' thing next time though.

I know all this romancing is B*llsh*t, and you're right, I don't want 1 drink, I want to get pissed. I'm trying to personify this little drinking vioce in my head to try and get some distace between me and 'it'. I totally agree that I need to make some changes in my life if I'm going to see this through. One thing that I noticed yesterday is the gap where drinking was, it's a huge gap and I have to think of things to fill it.

I feel I've spent so long with drinking on my mind that I have to figure out who I really am and what I want in life without drink. I would love to be at a stage one day when I'll suddenly remember that I don't drink, I hope that drinking is the lowest of priorities and I hardly give it the time of day, does that ever happen??