View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
noubledegative

that voice of addiction seems to be calling out to all of us!

this is a good thing as it shows we as really need to be doing this.
and its great we got each other to keep things in check and support each other

welcome stealthhealer! rock on!! i hope sobering up is a life changing experience for you & the rest of us.

so yeah i also had a strong moment yesterday, where my mind went through the full thought process of justifying having a drink...it first started with feeling like i was missing out of funtimes at bbqs, parties, gigs etc, & quickly evolved to memories of times recently wen i drank and it didn't end in disaster filled with barrel of larfs happy times...quickly proceeded to me entertaining the idea of planning to get some beers, when the next 'drinking' event surfaced.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

this was what i has to do... actively stop the thought in mid 'thought'
and put my mind onto something else & remember all the reasons that ive stopped drinking...it helped to have a list (mental one) I hate having to do this...the addict me fights back and makes me feel sad and fairly depressed BUT!! a couple hours later. when this 'craving' has passed...i feel really good & pleased with myself.

I think the more times we beat down this voice of addiction HARD and thoroughly the easier it'll get.

maybe?

just my 2cents

41 days sober today!