View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I will post again what I posted to you before Laura and then I'm done. Alcoholism = The Great Leveller.

It does seem like you may need to get off your high-horse a little. It sounds like you tick all the boxes of an alcoholic tbh. Biggest indicator is that your back on SR again after a break because you "ain't that bad". You sound like the typical case of thinking your better than someone else of a lower social class and so can't possibly be like them poor-people because your well educated and "know how the brain works" or whatever. I really feel for alclholics like that as they have so many roadblocks to drive through before they finally get real and develop humility and have their massive "ego" smashed. You may have to lose everything before your "ego" gets smashed. Your "ego" will keep you in denial untill it kills you.

When it boils down to it we're all the same really: people (Animals) on planet Earth born into this massive Universe. Only some have more chances/oppurtunities than others. Some become professors and dentists others become supermodels and other chuck it all away because they liked a drug too much. And that drug is called alcohol. Pretty simple really. Sounds like you really need to give up booze or else your gonna lose your job. I for one am a little nervy reading that your practicing dentistry when shaky in the morning. Won't be long beofre you realise taking a morning drink will stop those shakes completely and you have your "eye-opener".

You will never stop untill you're ready to stop and it don't sound like you're ready to stop. you most certainly aren't the first and you won't be last to think that you're above being an alcoholic but it is actually so much stronger and intellignet to acknowledge one's alclholism than to keep denying it. Only you can decide if your an Alkie though. Difficult word to say eh?... Alcoholic.