View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shifty

Nearly caved today

I'm finding this weekend quite tuff. My wife is out of town for a few days, even though she took all the alcohol with her, I've been craving like mad! I know bordom is a big trigger for me, I've been trying desperately to get on with things but I just keep thinking about having a beer the whole time. It's Saturday here today and my mind is telling me that everyone in the world is boozing it up except me!

I keep thinking that I'd be much happier and content if I had a drink in my hand, the day doesn't seem complete without it. My mind id full of romance for a drink, like how much I'd be enjoying myself sitting outside under the stars with a nice cold drink in my hand, it's doing my head in!

I gave up smoking about 10 weeks ago and have been doing fine but I even thought about having a smoke today just to take my mind of things. I think I got through today - just, but I'm only 9 days sober and if I'm already feeling like this, I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep this up for much longer. I feel really torn.