View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChangeGonnaCome

Day 13 - Relationship Challenges

So..........it's day 13 and I still feel a lot of gratitude, not craving badly, maintaining pretty well, but it's become obvious that my focus on not getting high and self-improvement is taking away from my relationship with my husband. Our relationship wasn't all that great when I decided to stop getting high and it seems to just be getting worse. I know I'm a huge part of the problem. I don't want to sound as if I'm blaming him. I know I have to be right with myself to be able to be right with us. I haven't felt physically attractive for some time due to my weight gain and insecurities, and now I have even more feelings of uncertainty in my quest to become healthier physically, mentally, and spiritually. However, instead of escaping the reality of it all with a buzz, I'm struggling with how to handle it without totally screwing up things worse than they are. He doesn't bring up my no longer getting high, doesn't offer any words of support, doesn't inquire as to how I'm doing or feeling, doesn't share with me how he is doing or feeling, and I don't reach out to him because of my perception of what appears to be his lack of interest in me. Communication is not something either of us excel in. Anyone have any words of wisdom?