Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Don't drink is my concrete tip.

Alcohol isn't but my alcohol addicted brain cells are. They will tell me and get me to do anything if they think that will lead them to getting what they want ie- alcohol.

BTW I have learned through my own experience to think like this since I have learned about alcoholism and addiction. I am happy with the way that I view alcoholism at the moment as it's keeping me sober One day at a time. The day that changes I will have to reconsider my views. At the end of the day thats all I'm interested in really ie- keeping sober and actually feeling peacefull and happy/glad that I am sober. Being sober is totally different differnt to being "dry". I experienced "dry" spells (usually lasting a couple of weeks) but then I realised that my way of thinking and doing things was just keeping me in the same vicous cycle of bingeing every few weeks.So I looked to others who drank and thought simialr to me and took their advice/wisdom on what kept them sober. I choose AA and SR.

BTW I am very much an individual. Just that recovery has given me a new "pair of glasses" to view the world through. Still my eyes but viewed through a pair of glasses that will help me stay sober. Which is what I want more than anything as without my sobriety I will have nothing but with it, I have everything to live for.

All The Best.