Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

few_precious_moments-living_in_the_present

I live in the Atlanta GA area (northeast of the city).

It actually snowed here last night and we had about 1/4 of an inch on the ground this morning. B/c we're not used to the snow and ice, most of us went into work late today.

While I was waiting for my carpool ride this morning, I went outside and played with my dog in the snow. I took pictures of his paw prints, of deer tracks, of our rental house, 360 panoramic shots, all with the beautiful snow in the background. I drank coffee. I enjoyed the morning.

It didn't hit me all of a sudden, but I was gradually aware of a sense of peace. I was living in the moment. I was living in the precious present.

Had I been drinking/drugging, it would have went more like this... I'd drink more the night before just b/c I may not have to be at work at my normal time. I'd wake up hungover. I'd then smoke bud in the morning before I went outside to "enjoy" the snow, then stress about if I was still high or too high to then go to work. I'd basically be thinking about last night (the past) and already worried and stressed about going to work (the future). I would not be "enjoying" the moment.

When we drink/drug we are incapable of living in the moment, even though we think we are doing just that. Only when we give ourselves a daily reprieve from our addictions are we able to live in the present. The precious present.

Just wanted to share.