Thread: Celebrity Rehab
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

VH1 has already aired a few repeats of it already so I'm sure you'll catch one of them before next Thursday Nights second episode. I guess the usual time will be Thursday Nights at 10:00 pm.

Yes, Mackenzie Phillips is one of the celebs. She said she had 10 years Clean & Sober, then relapsed on pain meds for a medical condition she didn't name. I guess after a while, the pain pills "weren't enough," so she started snorting Heroin, then slamming it. One of them who we can pretty much bet on to keep things interesting is Dennis Rodman. He keeps saying that the only reason he's there is because of the Court. I guess he had a choice, treatment or jail. He seems to think that he can just physically be there and that will be enough to satisfy the Court. Dr. Drew burst his bubble by telling him that he will be submitting regular reports to the Court, letting them know whether Dennis is participating in groups, being cooperative, etc. Which, so far, he isn't.

There's one guy, Mike Starr, who was the bass player for Alice in Chains, who uses regularly with his Dad, who is also an addict. There's a clip of them smoking some Coke together and they speak to his Dad. His eyes look like they're going to pop out of his head. The Dad talks about how if he has drugs he shares them with his Son and vise versa. They talk like they're sharing pizzas or something. Sad.

Heidi Fleiss, "The Hollywood Madame," is another celeb. She's a Methamphetamine Addict and I was shocked at how she looks. She's so skinny, her face is all sunken in, her skin is a mess, etc. She was a pretty lady but one look at her and you can see just what the drugs have done to her physically.

Most of the same staff members that were on the other seasons are back. My favorite is Bob, the Recovering Addict, with the red hair. He tells it like it is. I think they have a good balance with the staff. There's Shelley, the skinny blonde lady, who's also a Recovering Addict. She's soft spoken, the opposite of Bob. I just love Bob.

Peace.