Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
daphne

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
I am sure that there are people here who have a number of years sober using other models that have worked for them, as a matter of fact several of them have already shared on this thread.

Here is what I would suggest, why not actually try working a program, any program, here is a link to a list of them http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html

Pick one, any one you like, commit to workiing it for let us say 90 days every day to start with.

You say you know AA because you read the book?

What if you read a book on swimming and you did not know how to swim to start with, after finishing the book would you be able to just jump into the ocean to swim?

Have you read about any other programs?

Have you worked any other programs?

I am sure every one would love to hear what your experience is in them as well.

Daphne I wish you all the best, I hope you do find good long term sobriety.

You asked for advice, I only give advice on things I have a great deal of REAL TIME experience with, I find it not to be useful to sit around and tell people this didn't work for me and I do not like this because of that.

I have tried to lead you to good solid water that helped me, but I can not make you or any one else drink it if they do not want it. I have passed on to you what saved my life, there are others seeking advice with an open mind that my experience, strength & hope may be of some type of use to.

If you ever think about AA as a possiblity, please feel free to PM me, I will spend far more time sharing with you my experience, strength & hope I and millions of others have found in AA.

Just one parting note, about half of the folks in AA are or were aethiest or agnostics.

I have been to church twice, except for a wedding in the last 20 years.
Thanks for the time and patience with this debate
appreciated the link will look into later
best wishes
d xx