Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
daphne

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
Actually, when it comes to AA, I think you are... I base that on they way you use words like evangelical... saviour... and some other preconceived notions about AA that you have...

But that's OK... I'm probably a bit closed minded about some stuff here and there. You are entitled to your opinion.... but keep in mind is only that... your opinion... just like mine is only an opinion.

However the idea that an AA thinks that their own experience is the same as others is exactly wrong and misses the WHOLE POINT of the fellowship... that's not just my opinion. What's your experience?

AA is not for everybody and you can recover without it.

Mark
I was only responding to Tazman as he and others keep telling me..its the same road , you'll end up like I did in the end. That is saying their experience is the same, or at least the outcome of any alcohol addiction is the same for ALL an universal truth.
The words I have used to describe AA are not my bias view but directly from what I have read. One of the steps is clearly evangelical and the foundations of the whole organisation is rooted in evangelical religion. So whats wrong with admitting that? Either that or I have been reading about another AA!?!
I know AA is not the only route but the majority of posters suggested that it was the way to go. Ot was suggested that it was my denial (rather than my critical reflections) which was preventing me from seeing that.
Nobody has yet explained anyother models to me?