View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Laura first things first, put on the hat of honesty!!! Here is a test to help one determine whether they are an alcoholic or not Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You?

Now when you take this test be BRUTALLY honest with yourself when you answer.

Alcoholism is a progessive disease that for most women destroys them far quicker then it does men so keep that in mind when I say the following:

I took this test answering first like was was 18, I firmly scored 4 on it if I had taken it honestly. Now to show the progression of alcoholism I can tell you that by the time I finally hit my bottom at the age of 52 I scored a solid 11 and was nearing getting a perfect score of 12.

If after taking the test honestly, if you determine you are an alcoholic are think you might be........... please see your Dr. and be HONEST with your Dr. as well and see what your Dr. thinks and suggest.

Now here is another suggestion, call your local AA hot line and ask about some "Open" AA meetings you could attend.

"Open" means that ANYONE can attend.

You do not have to say or do a single thing unless you want to. Walk in, grab a cup of coffee if you like, sit all the way in the back and just listen, but listen with an open mind.

BTW I have seen a few folks, men & women, who before a meeting was over bust into tears and share that indeed they were alcoholic and they asked for help in achieving sobriety.

What do you have to lose by going to a meeting? Perhaps a drinking problem?