Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BrotherIsLoser

jkm1201: Empathy and understanding? He is extremely selfish! He is the one causing all the family drama. He is the one who ruins birthdays, and holidays. My parents have tried to get him help. He bitches all the time for some reason, about anything and everything, but when offered help he doesn't do anything with it. As far as I'm concerned, he's had his chance. I'm done with him, and other siblings have also given up on him. It's time to worry more about myself. I cannot feel empathy or sorry for someone who every single day dies a little, by choice.

As for the others who say that I should move out: Why should I be the one to leave? He is the problem. Not me. If he stays with my parents, with me or not, he will bleed them dry - emotionally and financially.

Tyler: Perhaps you can elaborate more about what inspired you to quit. As for my brother, I don't understand why he would do this for years when it seems like he lives every day the same - in a drug induced joyless reality.

I enjoyed reading all the responses thus far, and I do find it helpful, so thank you all.