View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hey Laura. I guess trying to keep drink in your life ain't working out so well, No? Good to see you back.

I remember that Long PM that you sent to me in 08.09.2009 and that I replied to you about how for me I had to surrender and accept that I am an alcoholic. So moderating or any of that b*llshit ain't gonna work out. Also that alcoholism is progressive and will always get worse if you're an alcoholic. For me the only way I could beat the booze is to surrender and admit that as long as it remains in my life I will evntually lose everything. I also remember saying to you that alcohlism = the great leveller or something like that. A tramp was once where you are in many cases but continued to drink.

Is it worth losing your career and husband over booze? It sounds like it may be starting take over and all them YETS that were mentioned to you that you said would NEVER happen to you maybe around the corner...

Give it up now and throw your intelligence into 'recovery'. I'm sure you can do it if you keep an open mind and take the advice and wisdom that recovering alclholics/addicts give you on SR and at AA.