View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Tytan

Dsy 59.
Spryte, it good to hear from you. I’m not sure what you job situation is… but I feel like I understand, at least on my own level. In short… I’ve hit a professional wall and pretty much hate my job. Sure, I recognize and appreciate the cool factor of what I’m doing… but I am such a low rung on the latter that people seem to think it’s perfectly okay to treat me like a idiot boy.
I had another incident today of a high up saying something completely unnecessarily belittling to me. What I find very difficult is the fact that I completely started my career a year and a half ago. I walked away from a really great job that I had for almost 10 years. During the first five years I received two substantial promotions (I was promoted way too fast)… anyway… when I left I was running facilities and had a staff of 10 people and was being “groomed”. I don’t mean to be bragging… I’m just bringing you all up to speed on the nature of my frustration.
Now? I’ve pretty much started over my career… at the administrative assistant level again. Paying my dues again... erg…
I don’t know… maybe I’m just too prideful these days. It’s hard to start over… and its hard to let go of my 10 previous years of service… years I get some sort of respect for. Frustrating.
All I know I hope to God, when I was a supervisor I didn’t treat people the way people treat me now.
Whelp… Spryte… I don’t mean to steal your thunder… if you feel like it, throw us a bone as to the nature of your work place whoos.
Take care everyone!