Thread: Sober in Denver
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DeadWest

Sober in Denver

Howdy. Just stopped drinking a few days ago but I really want it to stick. I'm in the middle of my second divorce and the holidays were pretty tough. I'm getting back into weight lifting, I'm taking vitamins and I have a couple friends that are very supportive. I'm trying to eat well and get lots of sleep. I'm desperately looking for sober things to do in Denver before I'm dead. Seems like this is a tough time of year to quit with the holidays and all and I'm already dreading Valentines Day. Admittedly, I'm a bit of an emotional trainwreck right now but...I'm just rollin' with the punches and keeping a stiff upper lip. I see a lot of hanging out at coffee houses in my future. I hate going to gyms. I LOVE books so I can usually be found haunting used book stores and thrift stores on my days off. Once summer is here I plan on getting up in the mountains as much as possible. Although I'm not quite single again yet, I am starting to put the feelers out a bit. I'm a serial monogamist so I really hope I can find a girl friend soon. The divorce will be finalized in a week or so.

Anyway...again, howdy. Here's hoping I fit in.

~K