View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KenL

Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
For two months, pretty much daily, I have been binge drinking.

It's a cycle that repeats itself.

In the past three years I have had one stress after another and now I find myself in a difficult position. I suppose what in effect I am saying is that I am emotionally and physically exhausted and and having great difficulty in finding the motivtion to put down the bottle and pick up life again.
I can sense your frustration and despair. But you can do this. Look at your own words here. It just seems to me that it's the alcohol that is causing all the problems. Life is full of stress. We all have things that stress us out each and every day. But how we deal with it is what can make us feel good about ourselves or feel like worthless and unloveable fools. But we alcoholics are more than that. You can stop the vicious cycle that you refer to.

You said that you're not sure that you want to stop. Well, none of us can really help you until you want to help yourself. The way to do that is to stop the drinking and start positive thinking. You have to start somewhere, EC. Start with the alcohol. Again, make it the number one thing to do. Make the decision to stop today. Stop the vicious cycle so that you can get better and move on with your life without the alcohol.