View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jules62

Originally Posted by lauraandersen4 View Post
When does one finally think its a good idea to just end it? Why do some people seem to have such an easy time making this decision and why am I still not convinced its the best move for me?!
When you're ready,and by the sounds of this you're so not.Sorry but really.It's your husbands fault? You're trying to hide it from him but apparently you have a good relationship?Who are you kidding?

Re read your post Laura. You're lying to him 'not drinking before you have patients' (um-well I sure as h*ll hope not!!) and you think this is all ok? Do you realise how focused you unintentionally are on alcohol?Everything revolves around it.It's so obvious reading this.You 'live for' getting home when you can drink?You feel guilty when your husband brings it up?

You'll be done when you're done.And for the record-it is NEVER easy to stop.There is no magic Harry Potter moment for any of us.It takes committment, hard work, denying ourselves(there's a concept) and looking at ways to living a fulfilling, balanced life that embraces not just our needs but those of our loved ones.

I don't think you're there yet but I hope you make the choice to stop.You're not happy and I can promise you if you keep on like this it won't get better either,
Jules.