Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Shifty

Hi Daphne,

This is a great thread, very thought provoking!

I'm interested to know if before you knew you had a problem with your Liver you were asked the question "would you give up drinking if you told you had a problem with your liver and the doctors advised you to stop", what would you have said?

I went to the Dr's about 6 months ago because I was thought I may have been damaging my liver with the amount I drank. I walked in to that surgery WISHING for bad news! It sounds crazy but I wanted to be told I had damaged my liver, I wanted someone else to make the decision for me to give up drinking because I didn't feel I could make it myself. I got my wish, my tests did show signs of damage. I lasted a few days and started drinking again...

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick but the theme that seems obvious to me is the way you seem to put alcohol on a pedestal. I know you said you haven't put drinking before family, never had time off work through drinking etc, but have you had to make that choice yet? You sure seem to have high regard for a bottle of liquid, even to the point of choosing it over your health and implying that it's the thread that makes up the fabric of your lifestyle.

Sorry, if you feel I've been a bit harsh, just my opinion.

Shifty