View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mark75

Once you get a little further along in your recovery, you'll sleep better.

Melatonin works for many... It worked for me at 6 mg, but it made me cranky the next day, although that was when I was still drinking and stuff... so I don't know how I would react now...

Valerian Root... That works for some. It works best if used regularly. It's subtle.

Benadryl... that works good for me, but it can create dependancy by itself and some people feel that it can trigger urges to drink and or drug. I have no problems at all with it, but be warned...

Mediation music... That was really helpful for me... There is a series of meditation CDs by Liquid Mind... Awesome stuff... easy to find at Amazon and can be found on iTunes... You want good circumaural headphones, the low frequency tones are important... It was especially good early in my recovery.

Avoid coffee, etc... Don't try to fall asleep in front of the TV... you'll just wake up and not be able to get back to sleep... If you can't sleep, read...

Exercise, eat right...

Time takes time though... ... It gets better, it really does, I sleep great now... better than ever.

Mark