Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Great Post Humblestudent!!!!!

It's ironic really that people who get all intellectual about the fact that they clearly have 'issues' with drinking too much or whatever are just playing into the alclholic minds hands! Hook, line and sinker!

All of this intellectual, analytical b*llshit of trying to prove that you ain't an alclholic or whatever term you want to use just gives many more years of drinking alcohol!! Glad that you've finally seen the light man. Live in the reality, who gives a f*ck why or whether your like that bloke lying on the park bench who society has programmed you to be all high and mighty about and "better" than.

An alcoholic will die from their alclholism if they continue to play with fire and drink. May not directly but ultimately it will kill them, maybe not physically but mentally and emotionally. i can only speak for this alclholic but I know it would kill me.

For me admitting and openly talking about myself as an alcoholic is fundamental for me remianing sober ODAAT. I keeps me grounded and reminds me of what I am and that to take a drink for me is not like it is for 95% of people as they ain't like me. And you know what? I'm proud and glad of that. Sure it's hard at times but it makes me what I am and has given me a whole new purpose and direction in my life.

peace and love