Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
daphne

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Dapne glad to hear you have made a doctors appointment and have a good relationship with your Dr.

Now you say your liver enzymes were worse after you abstained for 6 weeks........ please explain to me what logic you used to decide to just pick up the drinking again after 6 weeks of abstaining?

Do you think that alcohol was helping your liver so you better start drinking again to get your liver in better shape?

Was the 6 weeks you were off the booze a bit difficult at times and you were just itching for a reason to start again?
Hi there
Yes you are right it makes no logical sense to stop the abstaining.
Like I said in previous post I was thinking right if I am really "good" and get my results back down I will not have to hear the "you can never have another drink ever" from the docs.

I thought a bit of pain and hard work would buy me more time being able to drink. I saw the abstaining as a "big punishment" for my wreckless past.

That I suppose is the big question I need to answer Why am I so scared of the "you can never drink again" scenario
I think alcohol is a huge part of my identity. How I see myself , probably because I started drinking at 14 ,a stage when your identity is forming.
p.s. Oh i did the AA test you sent me thanks- borderline case as i got 4 yes answers out of 12.