Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Hello Daphne ~

It often occurs to me how people who don't have a drinking problem (or are true social drinkers) never even have to think about labels, choices, desires, etc.

These people make a decision to have a drink if/when the opportunity presents itself and in many instances, their decision will be 'no' - case closed. No second thoughts, no regrets, no justification, rationalization, nada.

It amazes me that there are people like this actually walking around. I am not one of them.

As for AA, I've always said it's my belief that it's not for everyone, but it is my belief that people who want to get sober can gain alot of insight and support from people who've been there. SR is great, but so is face-to-face support.

I don't know how meetings work where you are, but here in my end of the world, my own LADAC went to meetings that primarily consisted of other LADAC's and professionals (lawyers, doctors, etc.). I won't go so far to say that they're 'underground' but they do exist here specifically for that reason (to be discreet). It is what it is. I'm not on the GSO board of AA.

You might ask other professionals that you trust about the possible existence of any (for research?) Whatever it takes. Honesty is the best policy but when it's a matter of life or death, we do what we have to.

Best wishes,
Humble