View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

just want to add something of my esp.

while active in my addiction concerning my family and me. there were times that i thought i was angry because my family decided not to help me the way i thought i wanted them to but their actions really did help me more than for them to continue to enable me. its true that in my addictive thinking, i didn't understand their actions but as i began to work on myself in recovery, i totally began to see just how much they were helping me by not enabling me.

there were times that i wasn't in constant contact with them not because of anger but mainly because i was too ashamed of myself and the life that i had chosen to live. i felt like a disappointment/embarrassment to them and to myself and it was very painful for me to see the hurt in their eyes, so in my mind, i thought i would just kind of stay my distance until i could get myself together.

i know that you said that they are both clean but it does take time and a lot of work for the mind to clear after stopping the drug use. i believe as time goes on and they continue to work on themselves, they will began to see for themselves just how loving your actions really are.

i'm praying for all of you, that you will hear from him soon and that your relationship with the both of them will be even better than it was before addiction.

i really want to say, try not to take it personal, most of the time my absence meant that i was just too embarrassed of myself to be around any of my non addicted family. i really did want more for myself but rehab or recovery just don't always register to the addicted mind.