View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AllThat

Alcohol abuser for sure

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for several months and think you are truly an exceptional group of people.

I don't know if I'm an alcoholic, but I am positive I abused alcohol for roughly 10 years. In the spring, I began cutting back, skipping one, two or more days between drinks (I'd been a daily drinker before that). I did this for health reasons. Though my liver test was normal, I am not convinced my liver is fine. I have enlarged red blood cells, which could be from drinking and could also be from years of anorexia and malnourishment. Also, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac!

So, I've gradually cut alcohol out. In the last three months, I've had maybe 20 drinks total. I go several days to a week dry, and sometimes I only have half a glass of wine. I don't know whether I need to quit altogether, for things seem to be under control, though I probably think about alcohol too much.

Today is day five for me, and I guess I don't have anything else to say right now, other than thank you for reading this.