Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ElegantlyWasted
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Just know you're in good company. I did not do aa exclusively or intensely this time, but it can be
great in a boot camp knida way for some people. Alot of people come to love the people they connect withe there and make AA a permanent part of the rest of their lives. AA is the best place IMHO to find sober people to hangout with and befriend. There are other ways to do it, but for many it is the "kinder gentler way".

"If I was honest the main reason I did the 6 weeks off booze ,was to try and buy myself some more time with alcohol - what I mean is I hoped the 6 weeks would result in the liver tests being better..."

All my prior attempts involved AA attendence for about a month. I hit it hard, formed some initial bonds, then decided I wasn't like them. I started feeling better physically and sharper mentally. Going back to drinking after the body partially heals feels really good for a while, but I tend to spiral down with my use. Decided to do it with some smart cbt, this site, and reading aa lit, as well as getting very educated on addiction general. My conclusion was I'm probably genetically predisposed to addiction. I know I was addicted. Said addiction has had a negative impact on my life. It is my responsibility. I have found a way that works. I hope you do the same.