Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lionheart
20/12/09

I get it..

Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
Distance is going to be hard as we're in the same social group and it turns out I'll actually be seeing him at a game tonight.

He's taken it even one step further and just emailed me to tell me his wife doesn't like me either, which I didn't know and really does hurt my feelings because we all really like her.

Anyway, I'm going tonight to be strong and be the better person and deal with it head on. Hiding in my own emotions, avoiding them or not going to games they are at only makes my weaker and them stronger. Wish me luck!
Hey girl
I hear what everyone else is saying but absolutely understand that being so early in sobriety doesnt always give us the inner strength to do all those things. I have noticed I am much more suseptible to crying and emotional outbursts.

You really need to be proud - you stood up and did the right thing. Focus on that for now. That should make you feel great!

I once met someone who I talked to quite often and who found a massive attraction to me but I didnt feel the same so rejection came quite hard on that person. To the point that I was stalked, told I would die, told that the police couldnt stop them and that they would find a way to make me pay so I understand the threat you feel, its not nice.

I am sure his wife has nothing to do with his email, he is hitting you where it hurts, like others have said, he is trying to get to you and is acting like a child, who does that? Who acts like he has as an adult? Its quite bizare to me.

Good luck for tonight, please post again and let us know how it goes!
Take care of you and dont buy into any crap he wants to try and bring! You never know, someone else might feel confident now to stand up and tell him where to go!

*insert hug here* cant find the smile one...
Rach