Thread: New to SR
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
InsideOut
Living in the moment!

Originally Posted by humblestudent View Post
At least I feel really strong right now. I'm afraid of when temptation hits, or triggers come my way, like a beautiful sunny Friday summer afternoon. How will I feel then? I don't know...I guess I can't go there. I just have to focus on now, and focus on how good it feels to be doing something ELSE.

Hi humble,

Soooooo goood to hear from you!! I love Dr. Phil and the quote "How's that working for ya!" Kinda makes me feel silly for how long I have continued with something that is SO Obviously NOT working for me!! GGGrrrrrrrr

So funny that you make note of a sunny day being a trigger......OMG, I can absolutely relate to that! I don't know of anything that is NOT a trigger in my life!! HHmmmm, my eyes are open....Oh, Oh...that's a trigger!! I guess we will just need to prepare ourselves for them. Put some recovery tools in our toolbox so they will be there when we are faced with such trials in our daily lives!! I believe it will take time.......I am wiling to do the work today and give the time needed to learn about these tools!!

Welcome to my journey in Sobriety!! Glad we don't have to go it alone!!

Day 4