View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
In my hard core drinking days, your situation would have went something like this for me...

Me: They took all the alcohol from the house. Just out of curiosity let's check the freezer.

*walk to kitchen open freezer*

*freezer door creaks open and my heart races like I'm opening a treasure chest.*

Alcohol: Well hi there! It's been a while, where in the heck have you been? I've missed you and you've missed me, let's face it we are meant for each other you and me. Look, you've got a limited opportunity here - I'm freezing cold so you won't feel the burn...and that sadness you feel? HAHAHA! say goodbye to that once you get your mitts around me. Just go ahead and uh...that's it...that's it...it was freezing in there!

Me: Just one more time, after all I told them to rid the house of alcohol so this really isn't my fault. I'm an alcoholic, this is what I'm supposed to do when I see alcohol. This is their fault not mine. It's check out time Bit%$es!

*glug glug glug*
It did go very much like that, except I wasn't blamming them. I was just shocked. I'm now seeing that I didn't have a plan just in case, just maybe they didn't get it all out. Once I saw it was there and plenty of it, I caved quickly. I don't even think I thought about it. Just did it.

Looking back, man I should have picked up my little brother (and his Xbox 360) and headed to my house. Again, I should always think "what will I do if people are drinking or if I'm somewhere alone with alcohol" before I go anywhere. I guess I didn't prepare and blah blah blah. Me is sick and now people are hurt and even more distrustful.