View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by lostmyway View Post
So what can I do? I want to work on ME, not focus on the past, but right now the past is blocking my way.
Would you say that the world and it's people really dominate you? Even if you don't want them to? There it is, lostmyway. You don't want it to, but that past is blocking you.

StereoSteveo gave the best answer I know. In Step 4 I got to look at all the things that were blocking me. Because I couldn't wish them away, even when I wanted to be rid of them. There they were, hanging me up. That inventory and the rest of the process gave me the opportunity to be free of my past.

Quick story: Last week I had the opportunity to share one of my darkest things with another alcoholic. It was that thing that I've only ever shared with a trusted sponsor. But, it was pertinent to this guy in writing his own inventory. So I shared it with him without the least hint of shame or regret or fear. It's become an asset to me. Beautiful really. A thing that I hid from for years no longer has any power over me. It's freedom.