View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dedubya

alcohol in the house when youre quitting

I posted this as a response- and thought I could get comments from people in similar situations. I am really trying to quit completely and struggling and others are also. Have definitely slowed down and don't ever get 'falling down drunk', but I keep drinking. For what its worth....

Hello my friend-
I am so like you. Except you have a great string of sobriety going, and one slip. I am not going to sugar coat it- you know the deal. I am having the same problem or similar- I am quitting on and off for a few weeks now can't seem to string it together.....and I think I might know why. Two things (for me)- one: my wife drinks two glasses of wine each evening, not even close to alcoholic (IMO)- which means its in the house and I have caved many times over the last month or so. two: I am scared crapless of WDs, my work consists of meetings/presentations/speaking in front of many people, and the last thing I need is a panic attack in front of 300 people. Also the last thing I need is to die from drinking....anyway good luck- you have a lot of company.
Dub